Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera for two days and I took pictures with my phone, so the photos are not of the best quality.
- 1 small to medium broccoli head
- 3-4 asparagus threads
- 1 zucchini
- 1-2 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cube of vegetable concentrate
- 150 gr of sour cream
- bread made croutons
- salt pepper
- ½ lemon
- 50 gr of butter
- 1 or
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Broccoli and asparagus cream soup:
Unwrap in the broccoli bouquets and wash, remove the spaghetti from the wood and put it to boil in salted water, clean the zucchini, cut it into small cubes and cook it a little later. It will be boiled in salted water, broccoli with zucchini and asparagus separately, because some boil faster than others. We leave the broccoli for about 5-7 minutes, we leave the asparagus for about 10 minutes, when it is found to be boiled, but not soft, it is removed and put in cold water as well as broccoli to keep the intense green color.
Separately, clean and finely chop the onion and garlic and put them to harden in butter, when they are ready, put them in the food processor, add the broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, a raw egg and add 4 tablespoons of grated sour cream. Start mixing if the soup is not very finely mixed, it will have to be strained through a sieve, so that no vegetables remain that have not been mixed well.
Separately put a cube of vegetable concentrate in the water in which he boiled broccoli, put it in the water in which he boiled the asparagus and add the mixed cream-soup, this is added gradually. Salt and pepper to taste. Brush 2-4 bunches of broccoli that have previously boiled for design.
When we serve the Cream Soup, we will put 2 suitable polishes, we will decorate the soup with 2 bouquets of boiled broccoli and they are previously, with sour cream and it will be served with croutons, as in the next pictures.
How to prepare asparagus soup with ham
In a pot, boil 2L of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of butter and the juice of 1/2 lemon. In this & # 8222bath & # 8221, the asparagus shells will be boiled for 15 minutes. From them will come the special taste and aroma of this soup. After 15 minutes of cooking, strain the soup and throw away the shells. Keep the fragrant liquid that will form the basis of the soup.
In this soup, boil the asparagus stalks for 10-12 minutes. If you do not want to eat the soup on the same day this is the time to stop. You can keep the asparagus in its soup for 2-3 days in the cold. You can resume the recipe from Bechamel sauce by heating the pot with the asparagus extract.
Foodblogger at Savori Urbane. #savoriurbane
In parallel a white sauce (Bechamel) thinner than 50g of butter, 30g of flour, salt and 500ml of cold milk. Put the butter, flour and salt in a saucepan over low heat and mix the white paste until it sizzles. It doesn't fry! Gradually add hot liquid (soup polish from the pot where the asparagus peels were boiled) alternating with cold milk powder. Remove from the heat and stir vigorously so as not to form lumps. Fill again with hot soup until a thin but creamy consistency results.
At the end add liquid cream, salt, pepper, boiled asparagus pieces and thinly sliced ham. If we have Dutch sauce at hand, we put 2 tablespoons of it, if we don't mix a raw egg yolk in sweet cream and season with the juice of 1/2 lemon.
How to prepare broccoli cream soup?
Boccoli must be cleaned and divided into smaller bunches to boil in the shortest possible time. Put the water in a pot to boil and scald the broccoli. Separately, cook the finely chopped onion, then add the broccoli bouquets and cover everything with water. Boil everything over medium heat. When the broccoli is very well cooked, take it out and pass it. It can also be given through a blender, given that our goal is to obtain a broccoli cream soup, so it must be passed as well as possible. Add the broccoli cream obtained in the water in which it boiled together with the sour cream and the two beaten eggs. Finally, adjust the taste of salt and pepper and leave it on the fire for a few more minutes to boil twice more. Like any cream soup, it will be ideal to serve it with croutons.
Vegetable cream soup with broccoli
Besides the fact that they are very easy to prepare, these vegetable cream soups are also very tasty and healthy. Today's version is with broccoli, a vegetable with a rich content of vitamins, carbohydrates and mineral salts.
For Vegetable cream soup with broccoli we need
- approx 2.5 & # 8211 3 l apart
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 slice celery root
- 1 gulie
- 1 green / yellow pepper
- 500 gr broccoli
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ground pepper
- Extra: olive oil, pepper
Method of preparation Vegetable cream soup with broccoli
- We clean and wash the vegetables and put about 2.5 & # 8211 3 l of water to boil.
- When the water boils, add the salt and put in the bowl all the vegetables cut in half, except for the broccoli bouquets that we add after about 20 minutes. Add a little freshly ground pepper and leave on the fire until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Take the pot off the heat and in two halves put the vegetables with a part of the soup in which they boiled (1 cup and a half in total) in a blender and mix for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour the cream soup into a bowl and drizzle a little olive oil on top and grind a little pepper on top.
Tips: we keep the remaining soup in the freezer and we can use it for other foods.
Cream broccoli and yogurt soup
Cream of broccoli and yogurt soup: a surprisingly delicious combination!
Cream soups are quick, comforting and filling, and if we find a combination of ingredients that complement very well, the result is definitely a delicious dish!
For the broccoli and yogurt cream soup we need the following ingredients:
- 3 potatoes
- 1 broccoli
- 100 grams of parmesan race
- 200 gr yogurt
- salt to taste
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes. Broccoli is broken into small bunches and washed under running water. In a suitable bowl, boil the diced potatoes, adding a pinch of salt to the water. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the broccoli and leave for a few more minutes. We strain the water in which the vegetables were boiled, but we do not throw it away, but keep it separate. Using a blender, pass the vegetables, gradually adding the strained juice until you get the desired consistency. At the end, add the yogurt and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with bread croutons.
If you like cream soups and want to try different options, you can find more recipes here.
Broccoli cream soup
Every time I eat broccoli I feel better, really a miracle in the kitchen. I also really like chicken breast.
And I often use broccoli with chicken breast, I think they fit very well. And I also like its color :)
I think it's the most unusual recipe I've seen on your blog, I'm thinking of making a top.
I'm a curious person anyway, so it's like a challenge for me, but thank you.
Radu, I don't think you've researched enough on the blog :) I don't think broccoli cream soup is the most unusual recipe I've published, for example I think it's overtaken by cake with rhubarb: D If you ever make that top, I'm really curious what it would look like.
This soup is delicious. Only good now in the cold season. Another wonderful recipe.
You instantly warm up by eating this broccoli soup, you don't even need a radiator :) I should only eat cream soup all winter, especially since the price of a gigacalorie is almost double in Constanta.
Well said. At what price is broccoli, we might come out cheaper with this soup at the end of winter :)))
For some time now, I've always found it very cheap. If Peas still cost a lot more gigacalories, I think it will be more convenient for me to unplug and make a fireplace in which to burn broccoli that I dry in the fall :))))
Mmm! It was the first cream soup I made and it turned out delicious! I've always been afraid to try! Thanks for the recipe
With pleasure, I'm glad to hear that my cream soup recipe made you overcome your fear. I recommend you to experiment as much as possible, there are so many vegetables waiting to be mashed. : D
I like that your recipes are affordable. I hope you stay the same (don't emancipate yourself like others, who suddenly became great chefs and only cook truffles). Success!
Although tomorrow I celebrate 4 and a half years of culinary blog (and the facebook page has over a quarter of a million fans), not only do I not have aspirations of great pleasure, but I still feel like a beginner in cooking (and I I feel comfortable in this position, I don't even think of doing a culinary course or anything like that - I prefer to do what I've done so far, that is to cook recipes as simple as possible, using accessible ingredients and spending as little time as possible in kitchen).
So don't worry, I'll stay the same, I'm not going to take myself too seriously. I am not & quotemancipated & quoted by vanity or the desire for celebrity (I may still & quotscape & quot when there are some suspicious recipes for & quotemancipation & quot, but you can probably blame them for not being able to resist the financial temptation. twist your mind: D).
Broccoli cream soup
Broccoli it is a vegetable from the same family with cabbage and cauliflower (of crucifers), but less consumed than its sisters, which you can find on all the stalls. With few calories (30 to 100 g) and many vitamins, broccoli is good for both strong health and a slim waist. It is ideal to eat raw, but if you want to cook it, it is better not to sit on the fire for more than a few minutes. Otherwise, he loses his qualities.
Perfect for women
Like cabbage and cauliflower, contains antioxidants which protects you from many diseases, especially breast cancer. Helps fix calcium in the bones, so it protects you from osteoporosis and prevents the decrease of bone density, even if you already have this diagnosis. From adolescence to old age, crucifixes should not be missing from any woman's diet!
Consumption of broccoli keep your colon healthy and helps detoxify this organ, preventing constipation and other more serious conditions that affect the digestive system. At the same time, the tired liver regenerates if you include in the menu 300-400 g of broccoli per day.
Balances blood sugar
Diabetics find a reliable ally in broccoli. On the one hand, it reduces the harmful effects that too much blood sugar has on the body, and on the other hand, the fibers it contains assimilate slowly and do not lead to an increase in blood sugar, keeping it within normal limits.
Like all germs, they have the same qualities as mature vegetables, but concentrated. Rich in vitamins and minerals, folic acid, fiber, protein and antioxidants, they strengthen health and prevent cancer. A cure with these germs detoxifies both the colon and the liver, as well as the skin. Add them raw to salads and soups.
Asparagus cream soup
How about one Supa cream of asparagus? It's really an expensive vegetable for us, but sometimes we have to pamper ourselves, right? In addition, sometimes we find it in the offer and I say that it is worth taking advantage of this to diversify our daily menu. The soup is simple to make, does not require much time, has a special aroma and a slightly sweet taste. At least that was my impression after I tasted it :)
Asparagus cream soup ingredient:
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 piece of celery
- two bundles of asparagus
- a potato
- a tablespoon of butter (or olive oil)
- about 1000 ml chicken soup (or water)
- salt to taste
- sour cream (optional)
How to prepare asparagus cream soup:
- Onions, carrots, celery and potatoes are cut into small pieces (they can even be grated). The smaller the vegetables are cut, the faster they boil.
- The asparagus is easily cleaned by separating the wooden part from the top. For the soup we will use only the tips that are also cut into small pieces.
- Put a tablespoon of butter (olive oil) in a larger saucepan and simmer to melt, then add the chopped vegetables and mix well. Pour over them the chicken soup (water) heated a little beforehand (if it is taken out of the fridge).
- Allow to simmer over medium heat until all vegetables are cooked through. Add salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. When the vegetables are cooked, take the pot off the heat and let the soup cool a bit.
- After it has cooled a little, strain the cooked vegetables and pass them through the mixer.
- Separate the juice over this paste earlier until it reaches the desired consistency.
- For decoration, you can keep a few whole asparagus tips and then add them to the soup. When serving, you can add a tablespoon of sour cream to the soup plate
- Serve with bread croutons.
Note: If you want to consume the soup in days of post replace chicken soup with water, butter with olive oil and forget about sour cream)
White Asparagus Cream Soup Ingredient
- 450 grams of white asparagus (weighed ready cleaned)
- 400 grams of potatoes (peeled)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 liter of clear chicken soup (if you do not have soup, add to the list of ingredients 1 carrot, 1 onion, 1 sprig of parsley and a little celery, from which to quickly prepare a vegetable soup & # 8211 1 liter & # 8211 on to use as a base)
- 150 ml. of liquid cream for cooking
- salt, white pepper
- garnishes of your choice: croutons, puff pastry sticks, blanched asparagus tips, finely chopped fresh vegetables and pan-fried in a little butter, etc.
Preparation of White Asparagus Cream Soup
Before I get to work, I can't help but brag about one of the most beautiful and tasty gifts I've ever received. A basket full of asparagus, sent by my cousin from Germany. Violeta, I kiss you and hug you, you made me very happy!
1. Unlike the green one, the white asparagus must be peeled, starting with about 5 cm. below the top. The peel can be easily removed with a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife, it is important to keep the losses under control. If the white asparagus is not peeled, it will have a bitter taste, difficult to tolerate. From the base of the asparagus, cut (or break) the wooden ends and then cut them into pieces.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. The soup is heated in a pot.
3. Heat the oil in a pot of the right size and add the onion and garlic, over low heat until they become transparent.
4. Add the diced potatoes and the asparagus to the overcooked onion and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly.
5. Add hot soup over the asparagus from the pot and potatoes.
6. Boil the soup for 15-20 minutes, until both the asparagus and the potatoes have softened very well and then remove from the heat.
7. To strain the soup, an ideal blender is ideal. I relied on my Heinner blender which did its job in an exemplary manner. I simply added the vegetables, along with the soup in which they boiled, in the generous bowl of the blender (it has 2.15 liters) and I passed them for a very short time, in less than a minute turning into a fine cream.
8. For a fine texture of the cream of asparagus soup, once passed, it is good to pass through a sieve, in order to retain any light wood fibers that may be contained in the asparagus. So, place a thick sieve over the pot in which you boiled everything and pass the cream through it, collecting it back in the pot.
9. Place the pot on the fire, heating the soup well, then add the liquid cream, salt and white pepper to taste (I did not add salt to the boiling vegetables because the soup was already salty).
10. Serve the soup with a garnish of your choice, the simplest would be with white or wholemeal bread croutons, sprinkled with a little olive oil and lightly browned in the oven, the croutons can be flavored with garlic, thyme, etc. Another alternative would be puff pastry sticks, I quickly baked a few long spirals, which I garnished with pieces of dried tomatoes. In addition to the puff pastry baguette, I garnished the soup with fine slices of spring vegetables (radishes, white and green asparagus, carrots) pan-fried in butter, olive oil with parsley and chives and some rosemary popcorn.
The soup is served hot or hot and is a delight for both the eyes and the taste buds. And even for the soul :). Good appetite!