Onions are cleaned, washed and left to salt for 24 hours, covered with a napkin.
The next day it is washed, placed in well-washed 400 ml jars.
In each jar put a tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon peppercorns + 3 bay leaves.
Make a solution of half water, half vinegar, heat it, fill the jars and screw it on.
Put the well-covered jars to keep warm for 24 hours.
They can be served after about 2 weeks.
Pickled onions are translucent, as if they were jewelry. The taste was as expected. I was so excited about the appearance of the pickled onion that I took 24 snapshots !!!
Boil water in a pot. 2-3 cups of water should be enough.
Cut onions into long slices (you can leave them round), as thin as you can. Use a grater if you do not have a very good dexterity when cutting.
In the jar in which you will keep the onion pickled (the best is a glass jar with a lid) put the vinegar with the sugar, honey and salt.
When the water in the pot starts to boil, put the chopped onion and keep it for about half a minute, then drain it. But keep another cup of this water, you will need it.
Put the onion in the jar in which you have the vinegar. Add the finely chopped garlic. Add hot water until it reaches the edge of the jar.
In a few hours the onion is pickled and can be kept in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
The whole process is very simple, as you can see in the video below.
If you have some free time, you can marinate the onion for a shish kebab on the recipe.
- Chop the onion and peel otbey his hammer. You can use whole vegetables if desired.
- Pour a small amount of weight only boiled water and leave for 10 minutes. If necessary, with full ends 15-20 minutes.
- Drain through a sieve.
- Combine water with vinegar and adzhika.
- Pour this mixture into chopped onions and let stand for about half an hour. For as long as the bulbs - 2-25 hours.
- Remove the onion from the marinade and serve on the hot grill.
And what pickling onions spoblichchya are known to you? Culinary talents with site visitors.
As you can see, the onion marinades our recipes is a moment. Finally we will give some advice. The choice of vegetables must be considered responsible for the choice of meat. Give preference to sweet lettuce varieties, which often have a purple color. Use young onions - make it juicy and softer. In addition, it is in the first vegetables contain a variety of beneficial minerals.
It's delicious. It is worth trying the recipe and enjoy the delicious pickled onions at Christmas.
1 kg small onion (as big as a walnut). If you have the patience to clean it, you can also try chives. In addition, peppercorns, a small hot pepper, a small horseradish root, salt, sugar, red wine vinegar, water, a bay leaf.
Peel an onion and put it in a jar. Make sure the onion stays whole, so don't stuff it. Add the spices, horseradish sticks and hot pepper (small), whole. Boil two liters of water with two tablespoons of salt. Bring the water to a boil for a few minutes. Set aside and add six tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (red) and a tablespoon of sugar. With a polish, put hot water, slowly, over the onion. Seal the jar.
It is good to eat after four weeks and can be stored for up to four months in a cool, dark place.
The remaining brine can be used for other pickles.
Method of preparation
A pickle you will love, which is simply perfect for cold winter days!
It can be served after an hour, or after a few weeks and goes great with any kind of base.
1. Prepare well-washed and dried jars.
2.We wash the thyme and cut it into smaller twigs.
3. Clean and wash the onion well, cut it into small pieces, put it in a bowl and pour hot water over it.
4. We strain it well, well and then we place it in jars, strain through it twigs of thyme and dill. We press well with our fingers. the jar is full.
* Meanwhile, prepare the pickle juice. We proceed as follows:
1.Put a pot of water to the boil and wait until it boils.
2. Put the salt, vinegar, coriander seeds, pepper, mustard, sugar, bay leaves in the pot with water and leave everything on the fire for 10 minutes from the moment the water starts to boil.
3. When the juice boils, set the pot aside, put the crushed aspirin, mix a little and then pour the prepared stew into each jar of onion rings until they are full.
4. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then screw the jars well, cover them with a blanket and let them sit until the next day.
5. When they are cold, we put them in the pantry to keep for the winter when we serve them as pickles for various steaks or dishes.
- 1 kg Brussels sprouts
- 600 ml water
- 200 ml of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of coarse salt never before
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- dried dill flowers
I doubled the amount of cabbage given and used a 900 ml jar and a 500 ml jar.
After 10 minutes, when it has cooled down a bit, we pour it into jars, put the lid on and when they have cooled completely we store them in the pantry.
Good job and good luck!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Pickled onions in vinegar
Pickled onions in vinegar from: onions, bay leaves, brown sugar, pepper, mustard seeds, salt, vinegar, water, oil.
Did you know that & # 8230 Onions contain antioxidants & # 8211 anthocyanins and flavonoids that give certain varieties their red color and are found especially in the outer layers of the vegetable? Yellow onions are a major source of quercitin, easy to assimilate in the body and able to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- 2 kg small red onion (or chives)
- Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1l water
- 3-5 tablespoons oil
Method of preparation:
Peel an onion and wash it well, then leave it in salted water, to taste, overnight in a covered bowl. You wash it and put it in jars, as you prefer.
In each bowl put a tablespoon of salt, a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of mustard seeds and one teaspoon of peppercorns. Put bay leaves and a little oil.
Separately, make a mixture of water and vinegar, in equal amounts, which you boil and then fill the jars.
Screw them on, cover them and keep them in a warm place for at least 24 hours.
Oriental salad with onions & # 8216murata & # 8217
When my mother used to make oriental salad for me as a child, I would eat it when I finished it and I would never touch it again.
I couldn't explain why it seemed bitter to me after sitting for more than half an hour.
Only now did I realize that the onion was the one that made the salad bitter.
Chopped onions should be eaten immediately, otherwise it becomes bitter, some even say toxic. I don't know about toxicity, but I certainly don't like the taste.
I found the perfect solution and made the best oriental salad, which I, my husband and children (I would not have said forever) fought.
The fast has also started, for those who keep it, it is a recipe to keep.
5 peeled potatoes
200 grams of olive oil
2 tablespoons Homemade mayonnaise
Salt to taste
He boiled the potatoes in their skins, left them to cool, cleaned them and cut them into cubes.
I made the mayonnaise from a hard yolk and a quarter of a semi-raw yolk (I leave it for 3 minutes in boiling water) rubbed the wooden spoon well with oil, lemon and salt. Not that I brag but I make the best mayonnaise.
The secret of onions:
I cut the thin red onion thinly and left it to soak in balsamic vinegar before adding it to the salad (minimum 5 minutes).
I mixed all the ingredients: potatoes, mayonnaise, pickled onions, olives and finally a green onion in a large bowl.
Before eating, put it in the fridge for at least an hour to combine the flavors. I ate it two days in a row and it was delicious, without any bitter taste.
Pork Chop With Red Onions, Murata
1. Cut the onion into slices, then mix with vinegar and sugar in a ceramic bowl.
2. Put the rice in a large pan with 500 ml of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Drain and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cut the pork into 2 cm thick slices. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then fry the pork slices for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice over the pork, then add the mustard and sour cream. Leave it on the fire for 2-3 minutes and season.
5. Serve the pork with drained rice, pickled onions and chopped parsley.
You have to see it too.