For the top, I first beat the egg whites from the 10 foam eggs, I added 10 tablespoons of sugar and I continued to beat them with the mixer, later after the sugar melted I added the yolks and mixed again. At the end I added 5 tablespoons of walnut kernels and the 10 tablespoons of flour and mixed them well until the flour and walnuts were incorporated without remaining lumpy. I added the composition in a pot of high-walled tuci and put it in the oven over low heat for about an hour. You will have the impression that the top is made of breadcrumbs and will have a special aroma of walnut.
After removing the countertop, I left it to cool.
While the countertop is baking, I also made the syrup. I boiled 3 cups of water tea, one cup of tea with sugar. Let the syrup boil for about a minute, then let it cool. When the syrup has cooled, add the rum and coffee essence, according to taste. I also added the syrup from the pineapple compote.
When the countertop has cooled, cut it in three.
We take the first part of the top, we syrup it, we place it in a plate and then we add finetti chocolate, 5 tablespoons of ground walnuts, the pineapple compote cut into small slices and 3 tablespoons of whipped cream (we spread them on the first top).
We syrup the second top, place it over the first one and perform the same movements as on the first top, that is: finetti chocolate, 5 tablespoons of ground walnuts, the rest of the pineapple compote and 3 tablespoons of whipped cream. Finally, we syrup the third top and place it over the other two parts of the top and start the decoration using the rest of the remaining whipped cream and the decorative candies.
Pineapple nut cake
1. Separate the eggs, beat the egg whites, add the honey, vanilla, egg yolks, over which a little salt was added and, at the end, put the walnuts, the baking powder quenched in lemon juice and the flour slowly mixing in the same sense.
2. Line the tray with butter and flour or baking paper and pour the composition, spread evenly in the shape of a cake and put in the oven at 160 ° C.
3. Meanwhile, beat the cream with honey and vanilla and leave to cool. Cut the pineapple pieces from the compote and, after baking, let it cool. Cut in two or three and syrup. The syrup is made from compote and brandy juice and spread with a special brush on each counter.
4. After it has syruped, mix the cream with the finely ground walnuts and spread on the worktops.
5. Pineapple fruits are placed from place to place, both inside and as an ornament. Cover the cake with the rest of the cream and garnish with baked walnut kernels and pineapple.
Coconut and pineapple cake
You can barely cut it how tender and fluffy it is. It actually melts in your mouth.
I couldn't stop my little boy from eating :-)))
It is a homemade cake recipe that I wholeheartedly recommend!
Ingredients Coconut and pineapple cake & # 8211 tray 20cm / 27cm for large tray double the quantities
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons food starch
- a knife tip salt
- a sachet of vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 400 gr pineapple from compote
- 250 ml sweetened liquid cream
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut
Coconut for powdering the cake
Preparation Coconut and pineapple cake
Ingredients cake with walnuts and chocolate
fried walnut cream with butter and mascarpone:
- 275 grams of roasted and peeled walnuts (procedure below)
- 350 grams of unsalted butter, 82% fat, very soft
- 250 grams of mascarpone (60% fat)
- 150 ml. whipped cream with 35% fat
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1 generous salt powder
- 1 tablespoon of natural vanilla paste (in its absence, use 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract or 3-4 sachets of vanilla sugar)
Chocolate ganache & # 8211 optional:
- 150 grams of whipped cream
- 150 grams of chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 25 grams of butter
Chocolate and toasted walnut decor & # 8211 optional:
Preparation Cake with walnut and chocolate & # 8211 countertop
The top of this cake is a sponge cake with walnuts, fluffy and tasty, slightly moist, whose step-by-step preparation can be found in the recipe already published, click here. If you want to accentuate the intensity of the chocolate taste of this cake, you can also use a wet chocolate countertop, prepared after the recipe here. From the ingredients specified in the recipe for a sponge cake top with walnut results a top with a diameter of 24 cm and a height of 6 cm, high enough to be nicely sliced & # 8211 transversal & # 8211 in 3 slices.
For the walnut cream but also for the chocolate with walnut decoration I used roasted walnuts and peeled as much as possible. Below I have described how I proceeded.
1. 350 grams of walnut kernel is spread in an even layer on the oven tray. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake the walnut for about 5-8 minutes, until it turns golden brown and we feel the unmistakable smell of frying.
2. Roast the hot walnuts on a clean, dry kitchen towel. Gather the towel and rub the fried walnut, without pressing too hard, so as not to crush it. Most walnuts will lose their skin from the surface through this operation, which will help to obtain a cream with a much more pleasant appearance. Finally, I put the walnut in a sieve and sifted it, thus removing the particles of dried shell that had adhered to the roasted walnut kernel. On the kitchen towel, in the background, you can see how much blackish peel came off through this operation.
3. Weigh 275 grams of fried walnuts that we keep aside for cream. What is left we will use for the chocolate decoration (which, by the way, is optional).
Making the chocolate and walnut decoration
4. This chocolate and walnut decoration is really easy to make and has a visual effect & # 8211 and not only, being delicious & # 8211 very strong. I mentioned, however, that it is optional, because some of you may simply want a walnut cake without a drop of chocolate.
To make this decoration, I put on the fire a saucepan with 2-3 fingers of water and on top of it I placed a heat-resistant bowl, so that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the boiling water (bain marie). In this bowl I put 200 grams of chocolate with 45% cocoa, broken into equal pieces. I let the chocolate melt slowly. Meanwhile, I chopped walnuts with a knife, fried walnuts for decoration.
5. I prepared a sheet of baking paper on top of which I placed a ring for cakes with a diameter of 22 cm. It's really okay to be a little smaller than the diameter of the cake, it will sit better in the end. Once the chocolate melted, I kept aside 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts and mixed the rest with it. I poured the chocolate into the prepared ring. With a spatula, I spread it in an even layer.
6. Quickly, sprinkled on top the 2 preserved tablespoons of walnuts. I carefully lifted the cake ring and refrigerated the resulting chocolate disc.
7. After it solidified perfectly, I cut the chocolate disk into 12 equal pieces, using a long knife, soaked in hot water and well wiped after each cut.
8. The 275 grams of fried walnuts kept for the cream are finely ground. In a saucepan, put 150 ml. of whipped cream and 250 grams of sugar. Put the pan on medium heat, watching carefully. When it starts to boil with the bubbles, add the ground walnuts, all at once. Stir vigorously and keep on the fire for 2-3 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool well to room temperature.
9. Butter and mascarpone, well drained of whey, put in a large bowl. It is very important that they are at room temperature, I recommend that they be taken out of the fridge at least 2 hours before we actually start working with them. Add a generous pinch of salt.
10. Froth the butter with the mascarpone cheese with the mixer on high speed. Beat for a few minutes, until the cream increases in volume and becomes frothy.
11. Spoon by spoon, while stirring constantly, add the whole base of boiled walnut cream. It is important that it is not hot at all, so that the cream does not separate somehow.
12. After the cream base has completely incorporated, add the vanilla (vanilla paste, extract or vanilla sugar, but have an intense vanilla taste that will very pleasantly complement the walnut). Mix for a few more moments and the cream will be ready. It is a cream with a light color, very pleasant, very tasty, which is very easy to work, being supple and pleasant.
Assembling the cake with walnuts and chocolate
13. Before moving on to the actual assembly, I have one more step to add to the list of options: chocolate ganache. I used this ganache both for decoration and for assembly, to accentuate the walnut aroma of the countertop and the cream, knowing that the walnut is so well complemented by chocolate. For this, I heated 150 ml on the fire. of whipped cream in a saucepan. I added the broken chocolate in pieces (150 grams, with 70% cocoa) and mixed slowly until it was perfectly homogenous. I added the butter and mixed until incorporated.
14. The walnut top can be easily syruped, if you wish, with a syrup that will complement its pleasant aroma, for example one with rum or vanilla. I did not syrup it, this countertop already having a slightly damp texture. So, I placed on the plate, the slice of the countertop for the base and I covered it with 1/3 of the chocolate ganache, in a uniform layer.
15. In order to have the security of obtaining a perfectly straight cake, after this step I continued by fixing the base countertop in a cake ring with a diameter of 24 cm. I spread a generous layer of walnut cream on top of the countertop covered with ganache & # 8211 about 2 cm thick & # 8211, which I leveled with a spatula. We continued with the intermediate top, covered with another 1/3 of the ganache, then another thick layer of about 2 cm of the walnut cream. I tried to get layers of countertop and cream with equal thickness, for a pleasant appearance of the cake section.
16. I covered the second layer of cream with the last layer of countertop, pressed lightly and put the cake in the fridge.
Cake with walnut and chocolate & # 8211 cake decoration
17. For the decoration, I used the remaining walnut cream, enough to cover the cake. In addition, we used the amount of ¹⁄3 of ganache that remained unused and the chocolate decoration made earlier. From the cream, I put in a posh, to which I attached a starry dui, about 3 tablespoons of cream. Enough for 12 decorative hazelnuts. If the ganache has hardened, it should be slightly heated, just enough to become fluid again. It is then poured into a pouch with a small opening.
18. After the cake had cooled well, I carefully removed it from the cake ring.
19. I coated the cake in the remaining walnut cream, both on the sides and on the surface.
20. I carefully smoothed the cream using a metal spatula. I then poured the semi-fluid ganache around the cake, allowing it to drain easily over the edges.
21. From the walnut cream kept in the bag, I formed 12 decorative hazelnuts on the edge of the cake surface.
22. I placed obliquely, on top of each hazelnut, a piece of chocolate decoration with fried walnuts. Because I had a little cream left in my pocket, I formed another hazelnut in the middle. To my taste, the decor is archetypal at this stage and anything I would add would be extra.
Serve cake with walnuts and chocolate
I put the cake in the fridge for 2 hours and then I served it. A very pleasant thing is that this cream does not harden excessively, like other creams with butter. This makes the cake suitable to be served directly from the fridge. Honestly, I didn't keep it in the fridge too long. With a special occasion, this walnut cake disappeared much faster than it had appeared. If you keep the cake in the fridge overnight, it may be advisable to take it out of the fridge for 30 minutes. Maybe even an hour before serving! Anyway, it was a delight! One of the guests said that I stirred up all her sweet childhood memories. I didn't tell him right away, but I had turned mine upside down.
Cake with pineapple cream and coconut
Last weekend, my friend, Carmen, wanted to surprise her daughter who had gone to a very distant country and mark her birthday with a cake, even in her absence.
Happy birthday, Cata, beautiful child! Have achievements where you are and continue to make your parents proud!
I confess that it wasn't a really good period for me, and when that happens, almost nothing comes out.
The first counter didn't want to come out, it ended up in the trash. A few more impediments left me on guard. I took it, in fact I resumed it from scratch and I managed to outline a small cake, delicious and made with all my love for both mom and Cata.
Once again, happy birthday, Cata!
preparation time: 90 min
- Note: A helpful tip that I learned from Vladut, the charismatic chef from Neata: fresh, raw pineapple, in combination with cheese, will give a bitter taste to the cream. Likewise, when gelatin is used, the raw pineapple fruit will prevent its coagulation, due to some enzymes & # 8220buclucase & # 8221. Therefore, use canned fruit or avoid the combination with cheese or gelatin if you use fresh fruit.
- for countertop:
- 7 tare eggs
- 7 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons black cocoa
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- for cream:
- 700 gr mascarpone
- 300 gr white chocolate
- 300 gr sour cream
- 1 canned pineapple
- 50 gr coconut
- 1 glass of milk
- 50 gr powdered sugar
- for syrup
- 500 ml of water
- diced pineapple fruit
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- for decoration
- 700 gr sour cream
- 50 gr powdered sugar
- 200 gr dark chocolate
[preparation title = & # 8221Preparation & # 8221]
Keep the ingredients for 2 hours at room temperature.
We prepare a form with baking paper. We turn on the oven.
Spalam ouale. Separate the yolks from the whites. In a bowl, using a mixer or whisk, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. When the foam becomes firm, add the sugar and continue mixing. Add the yolks, one by one, continue mixing. Mix the flour with the cocoa and add it to the egg composition. Mix lightly with a spatula until the composition becomes homogeneous.
Pour the baking composition and put it in the oven over medium heat for about 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, open the oven, insert a toothpick in the middle of the countertop. If it comes out clean, it means that the top is baked and we can take it out of the oven. If it doesn't come out clean, let the countertop bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, let it cool a bit, then remove the top, open the baking paper and let it cool completely on a grill.
Pass the pineapple finely with a blender. Set aside the puree obtained.
In a bowl, melt the white chocolate and then let it cool a bit.
We hydrate the coconut in a cup of milk for 10-15 minutes, then strain it.
In a larger bowl, beat the cream with sugar until you get a firm cream.
Put the mascarpone cheese in a bowl, add the drained milk from the coconut and dissolve it until it becomes more fluid. Add the white chocolate and mix until well incorporated. Add a tablespoon of whipped cream until incorporated. Divide the cream into two bowls. In one half we put the pineapple puree, in the other half we add hydrated coconut. Put the creams in the fridge.
In a bowl, on the fire, put 500 ml of plain water, add a few cubes (possibly the half cut into cubes) of pineapple and leave until it starts to boil, then add the sugar and let it boil for 5-7 minutes. After it has boiled, set aside to cool.
After the countertop has cooled, cut it into 3 layers. In the same way we baked, we put a baking paper, then a layer of countertop. Syrup with pineapple syrup, then place a generous layer of coconut cream. Place the second layer on the counter, syrup, place a thin layer of pineapple cream and sprinkle a few small cubes of pineapple. We put the rest of the cream, practically obtaining a layer of cream as thick as the previous one. We finish with the last layer of countertop, we syrup. Cover the top with the edges of the baking paper and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Mix the fatty cream until it starts to harden, then add the powdered sugar little by little. When it becomes quite firm, we stop mixing, otherwise we risk becoming butter.
Remove the cake from the fridge, remove the ring from the baking tin, remove the paper and transfer it to a plate or cardboard. We dress it in whipped cream and then put it in the fridge again.
Melt the dark chocolate and then let it cool a bit. Transfer to a paper bag and decorate the cake. I opted and made a small chocolate border, the rest using it to write happy birthday.
Let the cake cool until ready to serve.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a 22 cm cake pan or individual cake tins with flour.
2. Peel and slice the pineapple, or use slices of compote if it is more convenient for you. Heat a pan, melt 50g of butter and add muscovado sugar (you can also use plain brown sugar instead). Stir until melted and add the pineapple slices. Cook for 5 minutes until caramelized and have a pleasant golden color.
3. Add the coconut flakes and rum and cook until nothing is liquid. Take the pan off the heat, add the glazed cherries, mix well and set aside.
4. Mix the remaining 100g of butter with the powdered sugar until creamy. add one egg, mixing well when each is completely incorporated. Add flour mixed with baking powder, vanilla extract and mix.
5. Combine the two compositions until smooth, pour the composition into a cake and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Pina colada cake with coconut and pineapple
Pina colada cake with coconut and pineapple & # 8211 step by step recipe, with the list of ingredients per gram and detailed explanations. Coconut cake and pineapple cream.
Around the age of 18 and walking around with my colleagues, the teachers willing to receive us, an occasion caused by finishing high school and the traditional Gaudeamus Igitur, I experienced two things. First, an extremely pleasant discovery. And the second & # 8230 a little shame. It so happened that one of the teachers served us an incredibly delicious cocktail. I asked what it was and I was told it was a cocktail pina colada, based on coconut and pineapple. The teacher omitted to say that this cocktail pina colada also contains rum. I, in my naivety, perceived it as a delicious ice cream. And the teacher brought trays over trays full of glasses decorated with umbrellas, and I was obviously sipping, not counting them.
When we should have gone to the next teacher, where we were expected, I would not run away from the tray with glasses until the colada. It seemed to me an inconceivable loss to leave the goodness of the drink undrinked. In the meantime, of course, I had become quite flushed and much happier than she would have been. Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first. And yet, I remember going through the embarrassment and giggling very happily: until this colada is a miracle!
OTHER COOLING CAKE RECIPES
Well, that's when my steady love for the combination of coconut and pineapple lasts. Two tropical flavors that go with each other so much, but so perfect! I haven't consumed too many cocktails until the colada since then, in fact, I think that in the rest of my life I didn't manage to sum up as many glasses as I did on the day of the discovery! But I have often thought of trying to include these flavors that fit the glove in a refreshing and fragrant cake. This is how this cake appeared until the colada, whose recipe I share with you today.